Saturday, September 22, 2007

who puts the cat(s) amongst the pigeons?!

Okay, so, I was running for 12600 seconds at about 8 foot per sec pace. how boring. But I kind of made it interesting by following a new pace model - kind of a ramp-up/ramp-down model. And I think it worked. I was looking strong towards the end. These practice runs seem to be a fun exercise. :)

My rant apart, today I had run on this trail in Foster City near Oracle headquarters. first time for me and in my mind I had complaints from people about how the trail not having shade and stuff. Luckily weather smiled and it was cloudy this morning. :) Well, only for a bit, maybe, more on this later.

As I was heading out, I noticed gazillions of cats on the trail. Really, a huge number! and kept wondering where those came from. And they were quite plump. Maybe this is the place where people leave their overgrown pets or something, but whatever, as I went further ahead, I saw a whole bunch of pigeons! Wow! Who puts the cats amongst the pigeons?! Heard of the phrase many times but this was the first time I saw it actually. However, both were happy in each other's company. :) So much for the phrase!

I was beginning to enjoy the weather and the trail (right beside the bay) when it started raining half-way through. So much for the weather smiling. Now it began to cry. Sorry weather Gods! Not me. But it was fun, and I wanted to get back to the hut as soon as possible. So, it kept me motivated to keep running. :) I hope it rains on my marathon day too. But.. hope it doesn't snow!! (I am running in DC in October).

3 comments:

pi said...

Bay trail is one of my favorite places to walk. I walked up to oracle a few times from Levies close to 92. Many people leave their unwanted cats on that trails. The trail infact all along the bay you find different kinds of species of birds. So it is a great place for bird watchers.

Wudenspoon said...

hmm.. so I would have guessed about the cats (unwanted), but how do they get so plump. wonder.

pi said...

Many people who walk by feed those cats. There are also plenty of birds there so am sure those cats feed on them.