Friday, October 19, 2007

Injury Time, Bad Timing

You neglect stretching and strengthening, and the body comes right back at you!! I have developed heel pain. yea, new part of my body hurts! By taking part in this training program, I am experiencing all kinds of new feelings (pains)! :)

I seem to be getting hit at the most vulnerable points of my marathon training. Well, the signs do not look promising. But I am hoping the rest accounts for something. We will know very soon. It's been close to two weeks since I last ran, and this isn't a great taper going into the last few weeks before the marathon. It's been great so far moving to bay area, but I guess the law of averages is catching up (tongue-in-cheek). hope not.

I joined ASHA training little late. And I missed the all-important (in hindsight) stretching sessions. I think that is the root cause of all my injuries. Other than the fact that I am trying to push myself. Let's see how things go. As of now though, I am not sure how I am going to get across that marathon finish line!!

No comments: